We’re a lean team that’s growing fast. That means in some cases requirements will be really clearly defined, audience insights set, comms templated and you’ll sweep in to execute. In other cases, we’ll be working from scratch - putting our heads together to come up with solutions. You’ll be working closely with people from different parts of our business, helping build campaigns and processes that’ll help to hit our big goals.
As well as pure marketing comms, we also deliver email, sms and push messaging on behalf of our customers as part of our product offering. That means while you’ll sit within the Marketing team, you’ll work really closely with the product and customer service teams on delivery as well.
- Excellent written communication skills. Particularly, reflecting different tones of voice, writing like a real person and communicating complicated ideas simply.
- Our sales/marketing stack is evolving, but you’ll be working (directly or indirectly) with Customer.io, Segment, Pipedrive and Webflow, as well as all the usual social and google ad platforms.
- Marketing outbound (in close collaboration with the sales team), inbound and customer newsletters will be managed by you, with the overarching strategy developed and set together with the VP Marketing.
- Where necessary, writing copy to populate email and SMS campaigns may be handled by you, as well as developing consistent and targeted messages to our different audiences.
- Work with senior stakeholders to deliver trigger-based comms on behalf of our customers.
- Utilise out of the box functionality and reporting features within the tech stack.
- Help develop a data-driven test and learn program so we can create recommendations and strategies based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Analyse marketing automation performance and journeys, report on results and share learnings to help drive business decisions.
Experience or qualification
- 3 to 4 years+ experience in marketing automation.
- 2 years+ in B2B marketing (bonus: with HRTech or recruitment industry knowledge)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Familiarity with some or all of our core tech stack: Customer.io, Segment, Twilio, Pipedrive and Webflow
- Skilled in email development utilising HTML and CSS. Familiarity with SQL is a plus.
- Skilled at developing complex audience segments and email/SMS campaign logic (the right message to the right people at the right time).
- Experience in working with and appreciating good design - basically, you can see when something is on-brand and looks good, and you can create or configure email templates to comply with brand standards.
- Experience in developing audience insights to inform marketing strategies, approaches or campaigns.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload, in a frequently shifting environment
- Represent Weirdly and our products with a high degree of professionalism
- Understand and demonstrated experience with key concepts including but not limited to: domain / IP reputation, industry accepted performance measures for email & SMS, partial list testing, quality control process design
- Bonus: Any experience using Adobe suite tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) or Sketch. This is just a bonus for asset manipulation/creation, but not strictly necessary.
- Bonus: experience with A/B testing or multivariate testing
- All of the standard perks that other start-ups offer - 3-4 days remote, best tech, flexibility, social events, paid parental leave.
- Build your own work environment with the kit that works for you.
- We have a distributed workforce. No clocking in or clocking out. You will be empowered to work in a way that suits your lifestyle (within reason).
Weirdly celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply. Please let us know if you need any assistance applying for this position