About the role:
We’re looking for a VP of Sales to join the Weirdly team. You’re looking for a place where your feedback, ideas and experience will be fully considered and utilised. We’re still a small team, so getting in at this point means that every move you make will be pivotal to Weirdly’s success.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, inspiring a high performance culture and driving sales performance. The VP Sales will be responsible for scaling and running the end to end sales engine of the company. You will lead the team that sets and achieves revenue and growth targets, and will be part of the executive team that leads the company through its next stage of growth. You will provide Sales leadership in developing/executing and implementing strategies that support overall market plans that are designed to drive results at or above objectives. Motivate team members to meet and exceed value creation goals, maximize customer satisfaction and ensure sustained competitiveness through implementation of Weirdly’s unique value proposition.
This role will suit someone looking for an opportunity to take their experience into a startup. Putting themselves in our customer’s shoes (no matter how big or small) and who thrives on variety. In this role you’ll be managing projects, be comfortable with change, have a creative approach to problem solving, and impeccable communication skills. We’re a lean team growing rapidly which means in some cases projects will be really clearly defined, In other cases, we’ll be working from scratch - putting our customer success, marketing and sales heads together to come up with solutions.
What else would you be involved with?
- Create a culture that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of high performing employees at all levels
- Passionate about closing deals while having the ability to prioritize coaching and building scalable processes to help your team close deals
- Grow, develop and manage a team of highly skilled and high performing Business Development professionals.
- Apply a deep understanding of prospects, customers, partners and our overall market to define, develop, and deliver a sales strategy in line with the company’s goals
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Lead the RFP application process with enterprise customers
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Lead the reporting on sales performance
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
At Weirdly we value potential, transferable skills and strengths over experience. As long as you tick 70% of these requirements, we want to hear from you..
- Self motivated, new business development focus
- Proven working experience as a Senior sales executive or a relevant role
- Customer Obsessed: you’re always thinking about the customer and driving customer lifetime value through mapping and supporting the customer journey from end to end; you are the voice of the customer and can influence internal stakeholders by promoting a customer-centric mindset across Weirdly
- Creative problem solving: you can deeply understand customer problems and provide efficient solutions using Weirdly. Equally, you can translate solutions to actionable insights for the Product and CS team to drive the product forward.
- Organised and process-oriented: you can balance multiple projects and tasks at once, organising your own time to complete your work effectively. You look for ways to implement and optimise repeatable processes to drive productivity across the CS team.
- Collaborative team player: you are collaborative with all areas of a business and are comfortable working in an environment with constant change. You can also partner closely with product and engineering teams.
Nice to haves
- Previous experience within a sales or sales leadership role in the HRTech and/or recruitment industry
- Competitive compensation
- All of the standard perks that other start-ups do (options, best tech, flexibility, social events, paid parental leave)
- Build your own work environment with the kit that works for you.
- We maintain a true culture of work smart, play hard, where most of our goals are team goals. When the team wins, we all win
- We have a distributed workforce. No clocking in our clocking out. You will be empowered to work autonomously to suit your lifestyle.
- Moderate travel across ANZ when possible and the “Trans-tasman Covid Bubble'' is created.